Re: [karp] IANA policy for draft-ietf-karp-crypto-key-table-08

2013-08-16 13:02:56
"Black," == Black, David <david(_dot_)black(_at_)emc(_dot_)com> writes:

    Black,> done.  IMHO, we really should be setting a bar that says
    Black,> that this sort of IETF imprimatur of approval of a crypto
    Black,> algorithm actually means something.

Something got manged there.
I agree that publishing a standards-track document  should endorce the
algorithm in question.

I'm somewhat uncomfortable with that sort of bar for IANA registries in
general, although I have supported it from time to time.  (My discomfort
with this has grown significantly since my time as an AD).  I do not
support that sort of bar for this registry.

I think we understand each other, but disagree.

The question now is whether you can gain sufficient support to show
rough consensus for a change in the document or to show that while there
was rough consensus behind the document in the KARP WG, there's a lack
of consensus on handling this issue between KARP and some other
significant segment of the IETF like the security area.