RE: [CCAMP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-11.txt> (Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Signaling Extensions for the evolving G.709 Optical Transport Networks Control) to Proposed Standard

2013-08-21 05:13:08
Hi Fatai,

I think you nicely answered your own questions :-)

I would suggest adding a small section including all of the statements you made
in your email. (Well, no need to refer to Berlin and the CCAMP chairs :-)

Cheers,
Adrian

From: Fatai Zhang [mailto:zhangfatai(_at_)huawei(_dot_)com]
Sent: 21 August 2013 08:40
To: adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: ccamp(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: [CCAMP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-11.txt>
(Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Signaling Extensions for the
evolving G.709 Optical Transport Networks Control) to Proposed Standard

Hi Adrian,

Thanks very much.

I can update the nits and editorial issues quickly, but I would like to discuss
more with you for the following points to make things clear before I update the
draft.

=========
Please consider and note what updates to GMPLS management tools are needed.

[Fatai]This has been mentioned in [Framework] document. Did you mean that we
need add one sentence in some place of this document to refer to [Framework]
document to mention management tools?

Are there any changes to the Alarms that might arise? We have a document for
that.

[Fatai] No. RFC4783 is still applicable.

Are there any changes to the way OAM is controlled? We have a document for that.

[Fatai] No, it could be done through NMS or
[draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-sdh-otn-oam-ext].

Should the new G-PIDs show in the TC MIB managed by IANA at
https://www.iana.org/assignments/ianagmplstc-mib/ianagmplstc-mib.xhtml
This should happen automgically when the feeding registries are updated
but it is probably best to add a specific request for IANA.

[Fatai] Will do that.

Will other MIB work be needed (in the future) to make it possible to
read new information (labels, tspecs) from network devices?

[Fatai] I am not sure. I asked the similar question (not on this draft) during
Berlin meeting. The chairs answered that it could be driven by drafts.

Best Regards

Fatai