Re: [IAOC] GST/PST and IETF 88

2013-08-26 10:17:16
Michael,

Thanks for asking.  We have consulted with Canadian tax experts on this matter.

The federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) does not apply to Admissions to
"foreign conventions", which is what the IETF meeting is as Canadians make up
fewer
than 25% of the attendees. Maybe you can work on that.

The Provincial Sales Tax (PST) does not apply to the "right of access to an
event", thus the
registration fee will not be taxed.

So, the Early-Bird registration fee will be $650 USD.

Registration is open here:  https://www.ietf.org/meeting/88/index.html

Ray
IAD