Re: AppsDir review of draft-ietf-repute-model-08

2013-09-07 02:05:43
Hi Tony, thanks for the review.  Apologies for the long delay replying.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 7:46 AM, Tony Hansen <tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com> wrote:

 I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for this
draft (for background on appsdir, please see
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may
receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD before
posting a new version of the draft.

Document:  draft-ietf-repute-model-08
Title: A Model for Reputation Reporting

Reviewer: Tony Hansen
Review Date: 2013-08-29
IESG Telechat Date: 9/12
IETF Last Call Expires: LC for 07 expired on 2013-08-29, but 08 superseded
that

in AUTH48.

The document describes a model for reputation services, particularly those
being produced by the Repute WG. It follows the recommendations of RFc4101
for describing a protocol model, which requires answers to 1) the problem the
protocol is trying to achieve, 2) the meaning of messages transmitted, and 3)
important unobvious features of the protocol. This document accomplishes its
goals quite well.

==== ORGANIZATIONAL COMMENT ====

Section 3 "High-Level Architecture" starts with an extended example of where
a reputation service would fit into an existing service. Finally, more than a
page later, it starts describing the architecture that is supposed to be the
topic of this section. I suggest that the section be split into two, with the
beginning given the heading along the lines of "Example of a Reputation
Service Being Used", and the "High-Level Architecture" heading moved right
before the paragraph that starts "This document outlines". Alternatively, add
subsection titles.

Seems reasonable.  I'll do that in the next version.

==== MINOR NITS ====

Changes below are marked with >>><<<.

All applied as well.

Thanks again,