RE: [v6ops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile-04.txt> (Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Profile for 3GPP Mobile Devices) to Informational RFC

2013-09-09 02:00:31
Hi Ray,

Please see inline.

Cheers,
Med

-----Message d'origine-----
De : v6ops-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:v6ops-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] De la part de
Ray Hunter
Envoyé : vendredi 6 septembre 2013 16:33
À : Gert Doering
Cc : v6ops(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org WG; IETF Discussion
Objet : Re: [v6ops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile-
04.txt> (Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Profile for 3GPP Mobile
Devices) to Informational RFC

Gert Doering wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 06:25:17PM +0900, Lorenzo Colitti wrote:
Sure, but the majority are mandatory, and don't forget that some of
them
are quite large (e.g., "implement RFC 6204"). Also, I believe it's not
the
IETF's role to produce vendor requirements documents. The
considerations
that the IETF deals with are primarily technical, and "we want this
stuff
from our vendors" is not a technical issue.****

*[Med] With all due respect, you are keeping the same argument since
the
initial call for adoption and you seem ignore we are not in that stage.
That?s not fair at all.*

I'm just saying it here so that everyone in the community can see it. If
it's an IETF document it has to have IETF consensus, and since I feel
that
the arguments were not properly taken into account in the WG (read:
ignored), I think it's important that the community see them before we
publish this document.

+1

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

I know I'm formally a couple of days late on the WGLC (work!).
[Med] This was an IETF LC not WGLC...

I agree with Lorenzo.

And in any case it isn't ready to ship IMHO. e.g. How can REQ#33 and
REQ#34 be enforced by a manufacturer (during compliance testing)?

[Med] This can be part of the test campaigns to assess the behavior of
applications shipped with the device. This is in particular important for the
applications made available by the device vendor itself. For example, our teams
tested a device which can get IPv6 connectivity...but the user cannot use the
store from that vendor to get applications in IPv6-mode. There are other
applications which make use of IPv4 address literals, etc. The requirements is
valid for applications dev'ed by the vendor or a third-party.