Re: Conclusions of Last Call for draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis

2013-09-09 09:39:25
On 9/9/13 4:24 AM, Douglas Otis wrote:
On Sep 7, 2013, at 6:31 AM, Pete
Resnick<presnick(_at_)qti(_dot_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>  wrote:

Below is the list of issues brought up during Last Call of
draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis.
[...]
    7. Clarifications are needed regarding the number of lookups to do in 4.6.4.
        - This will be reviewed prior to publication.
    8. There should be a limit on PTR lookups.
        - This was already considered by the WG and rejected.
You missed two concerns raised in the last call:

10. As DNSSEC becomes more broadly used with email, SPF is likely to introduce
problems neither foreseen nor properly considered by the WG.[...]

11.  The continued specification of SPF macros inhibits interchange.[...]

I took your issue 10 to be covered under 8, and your issue 11 to be covered under 7. If this is not the case, you will need to explain more clearly. I will contact you offline with regard to why your messages were not clear and what you can do to help if you still believe these issues are not covered. Please do not write back to the IETF or SPFBIS list on these topics until you read that email.

pr

Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478