Re: Equably when it comes to privacy

2013-09-11 04:58:14
I agree with you SM, politics and considering countries names in that
way, that is out of scope of IETF. Comments below,

AB

On 9/8/13, SM <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net> wrote:
At 07:07 08-09-2013, Jorge Amodio wrote:
You mean like Pakistan, Iran, Libya, Syria, Saudi Arabia ....

There were people from Pakistan who participated in the IETF.  I
recall an email exchange where a person from that country received an
unpleasant comment from someone who is part of the IETF "leadership".

That is rude behavior, which I may experienced in IETF.

In my opinion a discussion about Country X or Country Y would take
the thread downhill.  It can also have a chilling effect.

I totally agree, by having more participants from all world's
countries, makes the IETF more diverse, and by silence to such rude
behavior means we are welcoming less diversity.