Re: ORCID - unique identifiers for contributors

2013-09-17 14:29:34
On Sep 17, 2013, at 9:24 PM, Melinda Shore
<melinda(_dot_)shore(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 9/17/13 11:14 AM, Michael Tuexen wrote:
For example
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3237.txt
has 7 authors. I know that at least 4 affiliations have changed
and at least you can't reach me anymore via the given e-mail
address or telephone number.

This is not the problem ORCID addresses, except indirectly.
It's a way to establish that the author Melinda Shore who
worked at Cisco is the same author Melinda Shore who worked
at the Center for Research Libraries.  It is NOT a contact
mechanism, a personal tracking mechanism, etc.
Agreed. Maybe the wrong thread... I replied to a statement
that the authors e-mail addresses went stale...

Best regards
Michael

Melinda