RE: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-threats-06.txt> (Threat Model for BGP Path Security) to Informational RFC

2013-09-19 17:28:51

I read this draft and tried to participate in shaping into something I as
an
operator believe useful in SIDR WG, but to no avail -- IMO because the
protocol work, and then the requirements work, were largely completed
already.  I believe this approach will cause more harm than good and
result in
more instability than security, and it leaves some considerable holes with
which I am actually concerned about related to inter-domain routing
security
(and autonomy) on the Internet.   As such, myself and some other operators
published this document, which has since been accepted and evolved as a
WG document within the Global Routing Operations WG (GROW):

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-simple-leak-attack-bgpsec-no-
help-02

I've given up on SIDR, I wish them well..

+1

Russ