Re: Transparency in Specifications and PRISM-class attacks

2013-09-20 09:16:13
On Sep 20, 2013, at 9:12 AM, Harald Alvestrand
<harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no> wrote:
From the stack I'm currently working on, I find the ICE spec to be
convoluted, but the SDP spec is worse, becaue it's spread across so many
documents, and there are pieces where people seem to have agreed to ship
documents rather than agree on what they meant.
I have not found security implications of these issues.

This sort of thing is a serious problem; people do make efforts to address it
by writing online guides to protocol suites, but this isn't always successful,
and for that matter isn't always done.   We could certainly do better here.