Re: Community Feedback: IETF Trust Agreement Issues

2013-09-24 17:21:32
Hi Chris,
At 23:48 02-08-2013, Chris Griffiths wrote:
Issue 1

We have recently been asked permission to republish the TAO with a creative commons license, but according to counsel, the current trust agreement does not give the trustees the rights to do this.

- Without specific language being added to the trust agreement, we cannot grant these types of requests. - The current open request for a creative commons license from 6/18/2013 cannot be completed.

In term of "outgoing" rights the Independent Submission Stream is different from the IETF Stream. The draft version of the Tao might offer a path forward. Would it be possible to have it submitted through the Independent Submission Stream and use that version and changes to address the above request?

I haven't looked into the process stuff. It might be possible [1] to sort that out once the legal hurdles are settled.

Regards,
-sm

1. I read the thread :-(