Re: Community Feedback: IETF Trust Agreement Issues

2013-09-26 14:13:08
On Sep 24, 2013, at 6:11 PM, SM <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net> wrote:

Hello SM,
At 23:48 02-08-2013, Chris Griffiths wrote:
Issue 1

We have recently been asked permission to republish the TAO with a creative
commons license, but according to counsel, the current trust agreement does
not give the trustees the rights to do this.

- Without specific language being added to the trust agreement, we cannot
grant these types of requests.
- The current open request for a creative commons license from 6/18/2013
cannot be completed.

In term of "outgoing" rights the Independent Submission Stream is different
from the IETF Stream.  The draft version of the Tao might offer a path
forward.  Would it be possible to have it submitted through the Independent
Submission Stream and use that version and changes to address the above
request?

It is our understanding that the Independent Stream process results in
documents being published as I-Ds and RFCs, not independent web sites.  We are
not sure that the Tao moving to an Independent RFC achieves the needs of the
request of moving it to the web from this proposal.

I haven't looked into the process stuff.  It might be possible [1] to sort
that out once the legal hurdles are settled.

Unfortunately we are still advised by legal council that we would need updated
language to resolve this specific request.

Thank you

Chris