Re: leader statements (was: Montevideo statement)

2013-10-10 08:42:37
    > From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <hallam(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>

    > I have argued for junking the DARPA constitution for years. It was
    > designed to keep power in the hands of the few while the rest of the
    > organization didn't worry their pretty heads about it.

Factually incorrect in a number of ways. The NomComm system was set up to
keep personal politics out of the selection process (or at least keep it to a
minimum). And it wasn't the 'DARPA' system - it resulted from discussion
among a number of people in the IETF.

    > We should junk the noncon completely and the constituency currently
    > qualified to stand for noncon should elect the chair.

The last thing the IETF needs is elections.

        Noel