Re: leader statements

2013-10-10 14:03:05
On 10/10/13 10:52 AM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
I'm not sure this is true. The IETF worked quite well (and produced a lot of
good stuff) back in, e.g. the Phill Gross era, when I am pretty sure Phill's
model of his job was indeed as a 'facilitator', not a 'leader' in the sense
you seem to be thinking of. So why do we now need a 'leader'?

Because we've got more than 120 working groups, thousands of
participants, and the internet is now part of the world's
communications infrastructure.  I don't like hierarchy but
I don't know how to scale up the organization without it.

Melinda