RE: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain-08.txt> (Implications of Oversized IPv6 Header Chains) to Proposed Standard

2013-10-13 18:56:13
SM,

Are you suggesting that we don't address the problem because the code is too
complex to touch?

                                         Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
SM
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:00 AM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain-08.txt>
(Implications of Oversized IPv6 Header Chains) to Proposed Standard

At 11:55 02-10-2013, The IESG wrote:
The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'Implications of Oversized IPv6 Header Chains'
  <draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain-08.txt> as Proposed
Standard

This document intends to update the IPv6 specification.  I looked into
some code (host) which would be affected by the RFC 2119 requirement in
Section 5.  The code is complex as it is.  I am not sure whether the
requirement can be implemented without too much difficulty.  I have not
looked into the code which processes inbound packets.

Regards,
-sm