Re: NOMCOM - Critical shortage of nominees for multiple areas

2013-10-21 08:13:56

Eggert, Lars <lars(_at_)netapp(_dot_)com> wrote:
    >> in your model you don't count those people who have been rejecting to a
nomination,
    >> just because they believe the current AD did a very good job and he/she
should be reelected.

    > that is not a good reason to turn down a nomination!

    > It's normally not known whether the incumbent can/will continue. Even
    > if it is known, stuff happens, sometimes late in the process, and the
    > incumbent needs to drop out. If there are no other candidates, we then
    > need to go into panic mode.

Or, the incumbent gets moved laterally.
Or, in the case if the IAB, an existing IAB member (non-incumbent) gets
"poached" for another position.
Or, the nomcom has reasons to remove the incumbent, or limit their term.

]     mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on
rails    [