Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-authscheme-registrations-08.txt>(Initial Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) AuthenticationScheme Registrations) to Informational RFC

2013-10-26 10:36:54
Julian says...
My experience is that longer last call periods usually do not generate more
review, but just later review.

Indeed.  I find that almost all the time, last call reviews and
comments come in either in the first few days of the last call, or in
the last few days (or, unfortunately, a day or two after it's over).
It's uncommon for reviews to flow in throughout the period, and
four-week last calls mostly wind up with two weeks of quiet in the
middle.

That being said, the timing indeed isn't optimal. On the other hand, it
would be *really* good if we actually could discuss LC issues while in
Vancouver.

And that is the reason we did the last call the way we did, accepting
that the suboptimal timing would give way to better use of time at the
meeting.

Clearly, important comments won't be ignored because they're late.
But, everyone, please do your best to get your comments in by the IETF
meeting, so we can discuss them in the httpbis sessions.

Barry