Re: future of identifiers

2013-10-29 16:15:25
On 30/10/2013 08:56, Noel Chiappa wrote:
    > From: Eliot Lear <lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>

    > And having chaired NSRG

It might be worth observing that NSRG was focused on new namespaces for the
lower-middle part of the stack (e.g. TCP endpoint names), whereas I get
the impression from Jari's note that that was about names further up
(application, etc).

But maybe I got an incorrect impression?

I don't think so, but since we have broken the layer 3/4 namespace in various
ways, and are at severe risk of breaking the layer 7 namespace too, not
to mention the mapping between them, it's hard to separate the two
discussions.

   Brian