Re: Document Action: 'Terms used in Ruting for Low power And Lossy Networks' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-roll-terminology-13.txt)

2013-11-06 09:26:16
On 07/11/2013 03:34, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
* Glen Zorn wrote:
You're joking, right?  14 revs, IESG review and still nobody asked what
"Ruting" was?

(The document title was changed in the latest revision, it did not
contain the word earlier. And it has been spotted in this version.)

I think this deserves a few more words of explanation (we happened to
discuss it at the RFC Editor Advisory Group meeting yesterday).

The bug was introduced in the final rev before IESG approval.

It was noticed by, among others, the Gen-ART reviewer.

The General AD even put a short-term DISCUSS on the draft until the
bug was acknowledged by the authors. Clearly, it will be fixed
during editing.

However, the text of the approval message is generated automatically
from data in the tracker, so it automatically contained the bug.

Bottom line: the system worked.

   Brian

P.S. I assume that the correct title is 'Terms used in Rusting for Low Power
and Lossy  Networks'.