RE: Look who is leading the most important debate affecting democracy

2013-11-06 11:52:32
Mr. Roger Jorgensen

It is not a misunderstanding of IETF at all. In fact, in your role you should
be better than this.

http://wnlabs.com/about/executive.php

If you look at my resume you will see that I understand standards groups well.
I actually started the process to have IETF look at DIVA and Whitenoise as a
working group item, went through the process of posting the patent disclosures
through the IETF (check your own web site.) The process was held up on our end
because of concerns of IETF modifying code etc.

Mr. Morrow, in the height of hypocrisy, accuses us of trolling when the person
that you are having as your plenary speaker tomorrow makes a living out of
trolling his opinions on rag blogs. That may be fine for subjects not as
important as ones dealing with the future of the Internet, Security and Privacy
and possibly democracies in the modern world.

You are feting a man who does nothing but creates controversy but with no first
hand experience on working within government and the competing priorities they
must try to balance for our benefit. Instead, Schneier is central to the most
important conversation of our times while being an apologist for a criminal,
Snowden, who broke some of the most important security laws of any nation.

Now, it can be argued that sometimes for the greater good, there must be
peaceful resistance or breaking of laws that aren’t right in order to elevate
the social consciousness. There is some validity to that. But heroes, in that
sense of the word, are people like Mandela and Martin Luther King that broke
the law but faced the consequences in the countries and systems that they
challenged. They did not flee like outlaws to countries that might be
considered existential enemies of the ones they are trashing.

And Mr. Schneier, the master troller of all time, in blogs like Mafia News,
with no first hand knowledge, has taken control of the conversation and you,
like sycophants, will praise him without challenging him and keep a one sided
uneven argument going.

You simply want speakers to speak that reinforce your own perspective and not
advance any real kind of meaningful discussion. Someone should have the guts to
ask Schneier what his qualifications are and why he and David Wagner took the
course they did when they are “respected” computer scientists.

Andre Brisson
Richard Marshall