Re: Last Call: <draft-moonesamy-ietf-conduct-3184bis-03.txt> (IETF Guidelines for Conduct) to Best Current Practice

2013-11-06 18:21:39
Hi Arturo,
At 14:23 06-11-2013, Arturo Servin wrote:
I notice that there are not mention of forbidding any kind of harassment in your draft (or may be I oversight it). Perhaps this could be a good place to introduce the anti-harassment policy and to get consensus on it.

The lack of any mention of harassment is intentional. Harassment is a serious matter. It is much more than about transgressing the guidelines for conduct. In theory someone might be able to take legal action against the IETF or the person responsible. In simple terms the IETF guidelines for conduct is to "play nice".

In my personal opinion it would be better not to discuss about harassment in the draft. I am open to adding text if the document shepherd recommends it.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy