Re: Clarifying Russ's hums

2013-11-07 00:34:31
Brian E Carpenter wrote:

I think the word "strive" is the key. According to Merriam-Webster
(where it's shot into the top 10% of lookups for some reason) it means
"to devote serious effort or energy" to something. I don't see that
we need to resolve all the ambiguities before we adopt the goal
of striving for e2e encryption.

That's fine, as long as it is understood that any PKI, including
DNSSEC, relying on intelligent intermediate entities of CAs, which
may be compromised by NSA, can not be used for the e2e encryption.

                                                Masataka Ohta