Re: Last Call: <draft-moonesamy-ietf-conduct-3184bis-03.txt> (IETF Guidelines for Conduct) to Best Current Practice

2013-11-08 13:09:03
Hi Dave,
At 09:43 08-11-2013, Dave Cridland wrote:
Small formatting glitch on points 3 and 4 of §2 - the intentation seems awry.

Thanks, I need to fix that.

One small note is that it took me a while to figure out the SQPA reference - I'd assumed that indented paragraph was a direct quote from the talk or the slides, whereas it's actually the "Simple Question; Polite Answer" concept you're referring to. It might be useful to expand that acronym.

  We dispute ideas by using reasoned argument rather than through
  intimidation or personal attack.  Try to provide data and facts for
  your standpoints so the rest of the participants who are sitting on the
  sidelines watching the discussion can form an opinion.  The discussion
  is easier when the response to a simple question is a polite answer [SQPA].

Regards,
S. Moonesamy