Re: Where at IETF is done: cloud computing, small cells, base station?

2013-11-15 14:43:22
Alex,

let me select cloud computing.

It is a marketing term that does not immediately relate to any specific technology as such. When you look at some service offerings that claim to offer cloud computing functionality then you will see that it is mostly Web-related stuff. So, all the good stuff the IETF had done on HTTP, TLS, TCP, OAuth, etc. is relevant.

Having said that there will be other folks who have a different understanding of cloud computing and then other IETF protocols will be relevant.

So, it really depends what you have in mind (which is also what Alper asks).

The IAB regularly gets similar questions in liaison statements from the ITU-T, and similiar organizations and we are in general a hard time to answer them.

Ciao
Hannes