Re: Where at IETF is done: cloud computing, small cells, base station?

2013-11-18 08:52:55
Le 15/11/2013 20:23, Michael Richardson a écrit :

Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru(_dot_)petrescu(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
     > Where at IETF is done: cloud  computing, small cells, base station?

     > Hello IETFers,

     > I am trying to identify where at IETF are works related to cloud
     > computing, small cells, base stations?

Cloud Computing:
       http://ogf.org/

OGF, as I recall, started a group of high-energy physics people who wanted
computing, but felt that the IETF didn't need to participate.  I recall they
came to a meeting and basically said, "do you mind if we use RFC2026 and your
formats in another body", and they went and did that.

Small Cells:
       layer one/two issue.
       We do layer three :-)

Maybe it's even lower than 0 layer, because it is often a matter of planning prior to deployment.

Base stations:
      layer two issue.

Right, they should call it "IP Networking old Base Station" == Access Router.

You shouldn't assume that the IETF does everything.
The IETF is not the SDO to rule them all...

I agree with you Michael.

Alex

]     mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on
rails    [

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works