Reminder: IETF Server Offline Today During Transition / Upgrade

2013-11-18 11:06:17
Reminder: the IETF server will be offline for about 30 minutes today, Monday 18
November from 10AM PST (18:00 UTC) until approximately 10:30AM PST (18:30 UTC).
Service will be interrupted in order to transition the IETF from its current
server in the AMS Fremont office to a new server at a Level3  colocation
facility in Sunnyvale, CA.

In order to make sure that all current data is copied to the new server,
services on the old server will be shutdown during the transition.  This means
that while the transition is taking place all ietf/irtf/iab.org services will
be unavailable. This includes websites, datatracker, mail, mailing lists, mail
archives, ftp and rsync.

When everything has been copied to the new server we will push the updated DNS
files and start all the services on the new server.  Once this has been
completed the IETF will be running off the new server.  Again, we anticipate a
downtime of less than 30 minutes, and we will inform you when the process is
complete.

Regards,
Alexa

Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: amorris(_at_)amsl(_dot_)com

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>