Re: [netmod] Fwd: Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netmod-iana-timezones-03

2014-01-09 04:19:32
Hi Benoit, Andy,
At 08:37 08-01-2014, Benoit Claise wrote:
Not sure what you propose here. Proposed Standard seems right to me.
From http://www.rfc-editor.org/RFCoverview.html

RFC Categories

Each RFC has a "category" or "status" designation. The possible categories (see RFC 2026 "The Internet Standards Process -- Revision 3") are: INTERNET STANDARD, DRAFT STANDARD (deprecated; see RFC 6410), PROPOSED STANDARD

These are Standards Track documents, official specifications of the Internet protocol suite defined by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and its steering group the IESG.
BEST CURRENT PRACTICE

These are official guidelines and recommendations, but not standards, from the IETF.
INFORMATIONAL, EXPERIMENTAL

These non-standards documents may originate in the IETF or may be independent submissions.
HISTORIC

These are former standards that have been actively deprecated.