Re: [netmod] Fwd: Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netmod-iana-timezones-03

2014-01-20 04:35:12
On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 07:47:46AM -0800, SM wrote:

There was concensus in the WG that it is desirable to configure
timezones by name (e.g., Europe/Paris) instead of having only hard
coded UTC offsets - the benefits should be obvious.

I agree that there can be benefits to that approach.  I could not
find the (mailing list) message where that WG decision was taken.

SM,

there are no specific concensus calls for every leaf since this won't
scale. I do not recall having seen any issues raised on using timezone
names during the WG last calls. The timezone configuration using
timezone names has been in this document since its very beginning,
even before WG adoption, see draft-bierman-netmod-system-mgmt-00 (June
2, 2011).

/js

Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany