Re: Upcoming change to announcement email header fields (using old header)

2014-01-09 16:30:01
Hi Dave,
At 09:39 09-01-2014, Dave Cridland wrote:
>Much as I adore the almost wonderful irony of "The IESG" having an
>address of <noreply(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> - especially in the light of John's
>closing comment there - many MUAs will then cheerfully offer that as
>an address for "The IESG".

:-)

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg78806.html

>If that is a dev-null address, as noreply@ often implies, it'll
>become a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts. You might want a
>different phrase, there - "IESG Announcements", or something.

My guess about the problem is that people choose "Reply to
All".  That generates more mail for iesg-secretary@.  Using a few
(sieve) rules might alleviate the problem.

There's even a sieve draft in WGLC that may be relevant:

   draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate-02.txt

                                Ned