Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-04.txt> (Encapsulating MPLS in UDP) to Proposed Standard

2014-01-10 10:32:53
I don't think it's right to try to solve this in MPLS, because MPLS is
not a forwarding protocol - it's a connectivity protocol. In any use
of UDP, congestion control is either left to something above UDP or
ignored (left to queue management). Similarly, you want the client of
MPLS to be responsible for managing its traffic. MPLS gives you paths,
it doesn't push packets over them.

Scott

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Eggert, Lars <lars(_at_)netapp(_dot_)com>