RE: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-pcp-description-option-03

2014-01-27 02:31:44
Dear Roni,
Thank you for the review.
Please see inline.
Cheers,
Med
De : Roni Even [mailto:ron(_dot_)even(_dot_)tlv(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Envoyé : dimanche 26 janvier 2014 09:13
À : draft-ietf-pcp-description-option(_dot_)all(_at_)tools(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc : ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; gen-art(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Objet : Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-pcp-description-option-03

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on Gen-ART,
please see the FAQ at <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.
Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may
receive.

Document:  draft-ietf-pcp-description-option-03

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2014-1-26

IETF LC End Date: 2014-2-4

IESG Telechat date:

Major issues:

Minor issues:

1.       I am not sure what the use of the "description" option is. I can see
how to create one but as for usage the only text I can see is "Querying the PCP
server to get the description text of an existing mapping is out of scope." I
think that the document should provide information about the purpose of this
option.

[Med] The main usage is for a user to associate a textual description with a
mapping. This is captured by this text "   This option can be used by a user
(or an application) to indicate a
   description associated with a given mapping such as "FTP server", "My
   remote access to my CP router", "Camera", "Network attached storage
   serve", etc.

"

Nits/editorial comments:

 1.  The IANA section should provide enough information to fill the registry
http://www.iana.org/assignments/pcp-parameters/pcp-parameters.xml#options
[Med] Required information as per RFC6887 is provided in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pcp-description-option-03#section-2.