Re: [89attendees] The SmartAmerica Challenge [update] and Presidential Innovation Fellows - Round 3

2014-02-24 16:21:44
The SmartAmerica Challenge is a Presidential Innovation Fellows project to show how combinations of Cyber-Physical Systems testbeds from different industry segments can show measurable and tangibenefitsble . The Challenge is about taking the research in CPS and building solutions that will benefit with new jobs, save lives and improve the economy.

We launched the Challenge on Dec 12 at the White House with 60 participants and created 12 projects. At the Feb 11 TechJam held at NIST we had briefings on the current 18! projects and since that time we have launched 2 more projects. The projects cover areas of Intelligent Transportation, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Energy, Healthcare, High Confidence Network fabric (SDN, and Security), and Disaster Response.

Over the next 3 months the teams will be working diligently and tirelessly to make their systems and ideas come alive in time for the SmartAmerica Summit to be held as a multi-day event in June at the White House.

So why am I bothering the list with this...

1) Though the time is short, if you or your company is working on CPS and think that you might have something to contribute, there is still time to engage in the Challenge - I want to give you more information and answer your questions.

2) The Presidential Innovation Fellow program is about the start searching for the next round of participants. I would like to let folks know about the program and provide some information about applying

3) The IPSO Alliance has launched the IPSO Challenge 2014 where we are searching for cool/innovative/earth-shattering ideas/products/devices. We are giving away over $50K USD in prizes and we just require that you must be able to build your idea or concept or bring your product or device and that it MUST use IP! So I also want to tell folks how they can enter the contest and win some money.

Geoff

--
*Geoff Mulligan | Presidential Innovation Fellow | Executive Office of the President | 301.975.6283*