RE: Clarifying IETF process [Was: A private club]

2014-02-27 05:47:00
At 00:24 27-02-2014, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:
Clubing in private (i. e. closed from access) or hiding its powers
should be not allowed in any IETF processes. If you have a club just
announce it. I remember Adrian send a message saying that two ADs
had same organisation affiliation and that one should leave the IETF
position which was excellent process and proves high performance of
IESG but what about WGs.

Hi,

For the avoidance of doubt, I did not say "one [of the Routing ADs] should leave
the IETF position"
I explained how the two Routing ADs would try to operate to avoid any issues of
bias (or seeming bias) caused by our shared affiliation.

Abdussalam might like to look through the WG chairs page at
http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/ to see how many WGs are chaired by people with
the same affiliation. I think he will find it an exceptionally low number. The
situation arises from time to time when people change jobs, but ADs usually
attempt to avoid appointing into that position. If it was ever a problem, you
can be sure the community would be shouting about it.

Adrian