RE: AB's comments on April Fools RFCs (was Call for Review of draft-iab-styleguide-01.txt, "RFC Style Guide")

2014-03-10 12:40:58
True, but it's the cases where they differ that involve hard work.

From: ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Murray S.
Kucherawy
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 12:44 PM
To: Randy Bush
Cc: IETF Chair; IETF Disgust
Subject: Re: AB's comments on April Fools RFCs (was Call for Review of
draft-iab-styleguide-01.txt, "RFC Style Guide")

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 6:50 AM, Randy Bush
<randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com<mailto:randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com>> wrote:
I think you correctly describe a problem below. Well intended
disruptive (or at least non-productive) postings are still
disruptive/non-productive. And I think the right method is not to
respond, and encourage others not to do it.
in the new istf, it is more important to be politically correct than
correct.

These are not mutually exclusive.
-MSK