Marketing IETF drafts/projects ( was Re: IAOC Seeks Community Input on IETF Website Revamp SOW

2014-03-24 01:39:16
On Sunday, March 23, 2014, Ted Lemon wrote:

On Mar 23, 2014, at 12:58 PM, David Morris <dwm(_at_)xpasc(_dot_)com
<javascript:;>>
wrote:
Another enemy of usability is frequent reorganization of commonly
used pages.  If one must always look for commonly used links
because they move around, efficiency suffers. In my observation,
attempting to achieve high density results in more frequent
adjustments.

This is true, although only relevant to the extent that we expect the site
to get frequent use by IETF regulars.

The IAOC did not tell us what are most used links or numbers of the
web visitors per month/year. That info helps making decisions of
web design. I will request that information if possible.

IMHO, The site will mostly be used by regulars if
IETF experts/ADs advise/present important current issues/news/drafts that
all need to know (as important announcements). For example, what are the
important 10 top working-drafts changing internet (similar to movies
distinguishing top 10s to help people to focus) that IETFers should be
aware of?

That is marketing drafts to involve more of community to interact with
current TOP 10 that will change internet technology. That information
influences more interaction between IETF areas which still IETF tools don't
provide, but meeting may do, so we may add that marketing of drafts into
the IETF web.

Best regards,

AB