Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsec-lla-only-07.txt> (Using Only Link-Local Addressing Inside an IPv6 Network) to Informational RFC

2014-03-27 17:57:51
putting IESG statements on the tops of documents is a very icky
business, *especially* on IETF consensus documents. I'd much rather
tell the WG, "There's a bunch of IETF folks who came out during Last
Call and said you have to fix this, so go fix it" than try to get the
IESG into the business of writing text. If there's not IETF-wide rough
consensus for the document as-is, fix it or ditch it.

the iesg can sort out the process.  i really don't care.  i gave at the
office (apologies fo ramerican idiom).  what matters to me is that, if
this document is published that it is clear to the reader that doing
this is ill-advised.  a deep dive into why it is ill-advised might be
educational, but i see it as optional.

randy