RE: Security for various IETF services

2014-04-03 19:48:29
"because we blew it way back when, by designing a completely insecure
and un-private internet"

That was not a mistake. That is what made adoption possible.

DTN started with security from the get-go, and DTN has gone nowhere.

Lloyd Wood
http://about.me/lloydwood
From: Randy Bush [randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com]
Sent: 04 April 2014 01:29
To: Wood L  Dr (Electronic Eng)
Cc: IETF Disgust
Subject: Re: Security for various IETF services

"It would be good to see the excellent work of Dukhovni and Parsons extended
to include authentication of sending servers (clients) to support federation.
"

Why?

because we blew it way back when, by designing a completely insecure
and un-private internet.  as supposedly responsible and occasionally
competent engineers, we should rectify our mistakes.

the internet is not an experimental plaything.

randy