RE: Security for various IETF services

2014-04-03 18:32:05
My reaction is also to ask "Why?" Security and privacy involve trade-offs where various costs (including operational difficulty) are weighed against the benefits, such as protecting information from unauthorized disclosure or modification. So, I'd suggest that a blanket statement isn't a good idea, but rather, a service-by-service decision should be made. For example, XMPP and document submission may justify requiring encryption while email and document retrieval might not.

--
Randall Gellens
!!!!!CP MBI na ni deppart m'I  !pleH