Re: Request for a code point assignment for ED25519 - draft-moonesamy-sshfp-ed25519-01

2014-04-10 05:15:50
SM,

SSH is obviously important and I am a long-term OpenSSH user myself :-) And I
also happen to believe in timely registration of values in registries,
particularly when there is running code.

Anyway, I cannot speak for the IESG yet in this case but please do not take
lack of a response to a message sent yesterday as a sign that we do not care :-)

I looked at the draft and it seems fine, ready to move forward. I do not
personally have any knowledge about ED25519 and I cannot say whether it is
something that we should be using in IETF standards. Stephen seems to think
that waiting a bit to get an opinion from the crypto experts would be useful.
What is your opinion on that, SM? What about others, do you have an opinion?
And SM, do you have an idea how soon we need an answer for the implementations
to usefully employ the allocated number?

Jari