Re: Request for a code point assignment for ED25519 - draft-moonesamy-sshfp-ed25519-01

2014-04-30 03:54:41

Hiya,

On 30/04/14 09:32, S Moonesamy wrote:
Hi Jari, Stephen, At 11:08 10-04-2014, Jari Arkko wrote:
I suggested to Stephen to start the Last Call as it would take a
month.  That does not prevent the gathering of input from folks who
do crypto.

FWIW, I would be fine with this.

I am following up on this as the CFRG meeting has held yesterday.
There was a message (msg-id:
m3tx9ehlf4(_dot_)fsf(_at_)carbon(_dot_)jhcloos(_dot_)org) to
the ietf-ssh mailing list about getting an early assignment for
using ED25519 in SSHFP.

Would it be possible to start the Last Call for
draft-moonesamy-sshfp-ed25519-01 [1]?

Yes. The CFRG meeting didn't raise any objection to this,
so I'll move it along now. (Well, tomorrow.)

Cheers,
S.

I'll disclose that I made this request as there is already code in
an open source software (OpenSSH).  I have not derived any financial
benefit in doing this work.

Thanks, S. Moonesamy

1. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moonesamy-sshfp-ed25519-01