Re: Logging into the datatracker

2014-04-21 08:52:57
On 4/14/14 4:49 PM, Dale R. Worley wrote:
From: Robert Sparks<rjsparks(_at_)nostrum(_dot_)com>
Today's datatracker release changed the way you sign in, and has added
the ability to sign out.

See<https://datatracker.ietf.org/release/>  for details.
"This release changes user authentication for the datatracker from
basic http auth to Django's built-in authentication."
No doubt this is all for the best in practice, but it does eliminate
the one and only web site I've ever used that uses HTTP
authentication.  R.I.P. RFC 2617.

I was never thrilled about the fact that the old way didn't ask for the credentials every time, instead making me click on the Sign In link every time the credentials expired. But I've got to say that after a week of using it (as us ADs use it more than most), I'm pretty annoyed by the new UI. With HTTP auth, Safari happily recognized that it had the credentials, so clicking the Sign In link was effectively just a re-load. Now I get presented with a web form. Though Safari will fill in the credentials in the new web form, I have to do an extra click on a Sign In button. So we moved from mildly annoying to slightly more annoying. What else is new in the advancement of the web? :-/

pr

Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478