Re: DMARC and yahoo

2014-04-21 11:37:15
Right. As a mailing list provider, we have a way to make our lists work:

<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>

It is certainly possible to create mailing-list-like things that avoid
the damage from DMARC.  The question remains why it is our job to
screw up our systems to fix their problems.  They could fix it if they
wanted, e.g., by arranging to whitelist mail sources that don't match
DMARC's authentication model but send mail people want.  This is not
just mailing lists, of course.

I subscribe to a few lists that put the list's address on the From:
line, due I think to administrative confusion, not anything
deliberate, and it is much worse than normal list mail.  When I look
at normal list mail in my inbox, I pick out the ones from people I
know first.  On the lists where it's all the same, I tend to look at
the subject and if it's not obviously interesting, dump the whole
thread.

R's,
John