Re: DMARC and yahoo

2014-04-21 22:43:41
On 4/21/2014 6:13 PM, ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
Sorry, I'm afraid I disagree. In fact I think it's exactly the opposite.
At a minimum we need to:

(0) Document that the choice of a p=reject is inapproriate for anything
     but a domain devoted to business transaction email and fully describe the
     consequences of using such a policy on other sorts of domains.
(1) Document alternatives to labeling your mixed mode domain with p=reject.
(2) Describe the various mitigation strategies - and their consequences - for
     agents dealing with poor DMARC policy choices, including but not limited to
     advice to MLMs.

There already is a first-round internet-draft formulated to be a BCP that could be a reasonable home for including such statements:

     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp-03

d/
--
Dave Crocker