Re: DMARC and yahoo

2014-04-22 10:07:29
On 4/22/2014 7:03 AM, Ned Freed wrote:
Yes, that's the obvious place to put this material, rather than putting it
in the base specification. But then the base specification has to reference
this in a normative fashion.

While it's plausible and reasonable that a technical specification could contain usage guidance like this, it's not at all required.

I believe it for more often that "implications" are typically put into BCP-like documents.

For example:

   DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) and Mailing Lists
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6377

As for doing a BCP on a document that isn't an IETF consensus document, we do versions of that periodically, for work developed outside that is used by, or affects, IETF-based specs.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking