Re: Will mailing lists survive DMARC?

2014-04-29 06:29:00
On 29 apr 2014, at 13:22, Mikael Abrahamsson
<swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se> wrote:

On the other hand, this will primarily cause direct problems to
users/customers of the organisations that decide to do "p=reject" as their
participation in mailing lists will be crippled.

As Mikael says, this is a problem for people in those organisations that choose
to have such filter policy together with the de-facto functionality of mailing
lists out there.

I ask myself as well what the problem is.

If there was collateral damage on third parties, that would for me have been a
different thing. As far as I see here, there is not. The damage is on the
people that have chosen to have such policy (or customers of them).

If I have completely misunderstood the situation, my apologies and I'll go back
and re-read the flood of email on the topic... :-)

   Patrik