Re: Enough DMARC whinging

2014-05-01 15:56:11
Dave Crocker wrote:
On 5/1/2014 1:36 PM, Jim Fenton wrote:
I'd like to understand the relationship of RFC 4846, which is
Informational, with RFC 5792/BCP 92 here. The latter gives IESG 5
options for review of independent submissions for conflicts with the
IETF standards process, such as:

    5. The IESG has concluded that this document extends an IETF protocol
       in a way that requires IETF review and should therefore not be
       published without IETF review and IESG approval.

Since DMARC does not extend any existing IETF protocol, how is that
reference useful here?

Sure looks to me like DMARC extends both SMTP and DNS.

Miles Fidelman