Re: [dmarc-ietf] Suggestion: can we test DEMARC deployment with a mailing list?

2014-05-05 19:27:19
Fred Baker (fred) wrote:
On May 5, 2014, at 5:21 PM, Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman(_at_)meetinghouse(_dot_)net> wrote:

Fred Baker (fred) wrote:
We have been having a fairly extended discussion, much of which seems hypothetical - “I
don’t like DEMARC because I am worried that ... with mailing lists”. I wonder if we
could take a moment to try it and see what happens?

Ummm..... yahoo changed their dmarc policy to p=reject, lots of mailing lists
broke.  What experiment is it that you think we need to run?
I guess we’re running it. I was hoping to avoid the “everything around broke”
part.

Well.. I can certainly tell you that, as someone who supports a couple of dozen email lists, an awful lot broke - both for my users (who shared their pain with me) and for me, as an administrator. Lots of things stopped working, for lots of people, overnight - to me that fits the definition of "broke."