Re: Yahoo breaks every mailing list in the world including the IETF's

2014-05-19 18:23:57

On May 19, 2014, at 3:57 PM, Doug Ewell <doug(_at_)ewellic(_dot_)org> wrote:

I'm still working on the logic of a post with Yahoo in its subject line,
which calls out Yahoo 26 times and Google 19 times, then concludes out
of left field that all of this is the fault of Evil Microsoft.

Dear Doug,

Agreed.  This problem had little to do with a client's OS.  They had other
issues also unrelated to the client OS. According to the AP, Yahoo claimed the
last major loss of passwords occurred because of a security breach by a
third-party's database.

However, I can relate to the kickstarter jumpshot ad. There are so many dubious
browser plug-ins and free software packages people still foolishly install and
it is hard to completely blame that on the OS, even though it offers many
applications that only run with administrative privileges, but this limitation
has changed with their more recent offering.

Regards,
Douglas Otis