Re: Call for Review of draft-iab-filtering-considerations-06.txt, "Technical Considerations for Internet Service Blocking and Filtering"

2014-05-26 11:31:53
Hi Alejandro,
At 06:58 26-05-2014, Alejandro Acosta wrote:
  Uhhh, I think the concept of politically correct can be argue.., but I
won't do that.

Ok.

  The reason of my comment is based in what I support (Internet freedom)
and the fact that my country (Venezuela) has been blocking certain sites
during the last year.

I understood that on reading your previous message. :-)

  I guess most people won't realize what is to live in a country where
many websites are blocked, where many IP addresses can not be reach and
where certain domains can not resolved.

Agreed.

  Maybe some people would immediately think in VPNs and changing the
computers DNSs but it only works for a VERY VERY small part of the
population, the reality is that most people won't still have access to
the blocked websites.

Yes.

  If you are a technical person and something goes wrong you will doubt
if what you are trying to do is blocked or not. If you are a regular
users entering a "normal" website and it fails, you will think that this
websites has also been blocked (and it's temporary failure of the
website/path).

Yes.

  Nowadays when I travel I have to say that one of the things that I
most enjoy is surfing with no restrictions :)

It's only when a person has experienced the restrictions that he or she appreciates that. For what it is worth I have encountered some restrictions. Some entity could argue that it is in line with the IAB recommendation if I report the problem. I support your position on this draft.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy