Re: inquiry re. the state of protocol R&D

2014-05-27 14:46:26
On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Randy Presuhn
<randy_presuhn(_at_)mindspring(_dot_)com> wrote:
It depends on what folks mean by "APIs".  My experience in the IETF
is that when the term is used here it frequently does *not* mean
"language binding", even though that seems to be the term's usual
sense outside the IETF.  The sense here frequently seems to be
something more akin to "service definition" and not tied to a
specific language binding, but I haven't seen it rigorously
spelled out here.

Yes, or "semantic API".